uckermannnews@gmail.com

sábado, 26 de mayo de 2012

5Q: Chris Von Uckermann- Entrevista ONErpm

¡Recuerda dejar tu comentario y si lo deseas puedes compartir las notas por Twitter o Facebook! Visita además siempre las Fuentes Originales.



 *Recuerda que puedes traducir las notas seleccionando Busca tu idioma en la barra lateral del Blog.

If you’re a follower of our 5Q series, you know we like the occasional dual actor/singer talents on the site. Today, we’re graced with the chance to talk to one of Mexico’s biggest heartthrobs, Christopher Von Uckermann. To celebrate his second release as a musician, Uckermann talks about transitioning into music, the benefits of working as a DIY artist and whether or not he considers himself a sex icon.

“Von Uckermann” isn’t a name you hear too often from a Mexican singer.

Really? I thought it was a typical Mexican name haha. I come from a multi-cultural background, my mom is swedish and my father is from Mexico, that explains the german last name. I grew up enjoying both cultures, it was a great experience for me. I think, in a way, it gave me an advantage to have that dual perspective.

What came first? Music or acting? What do you do to balance the careers?

Well, balancing careers is tricky because you can’t lose sight of one as you focus on the other. I actually started acting years before my musical pursuits. I was a 2-year old kid getting parts in TV shows. Later came the songwriting and the singing. I’ve been playing drums since I was 12 and have been playing some guitar recently for my albums, so music has always been a part of me. It’s hard to balance both careers, however I try to stay focused and organized, and sometimes I get to mix both. For example. I’ve been fortunate in that I’ve been able to place my music as the theme song of every season of Kdabra (my current Tv Show). This has exposed my music to lot of people in many regions around the world.

These days, is it more advantageous to run with a big following and keep it to DIY or work with a big label?

I think that it can be done both ways and both ways can have their challenges however I’m fortunate to have the most loyal fan base on planet earth, and that has helped me to keep control over my creative works by going independent. Indie is a good thing when you have a plan and you are willing to stick to it. I’m working on giving my fans the best creative effort I can in each song I record. Big labels have tons of support, distribution and promotion, that most indie artist can’t get themselves without spending large budgets, however in my situation having a loyal fan base allows me to really focus on my music which is what matters the most. I also do not rule out the possibility of joining a major label later on in my career. But with all their superstar label talent, they would have to make me their first, second, and third priority, of course haha.

What do you think learned from your first effort Somos? And what are you doing differently with “Million Dollar Man” Why is one title in the Spanish and the other in English?

Somos was my first big step after RBD and the very beginning of my solo career— it was a great learning experience in different ways, music wise, production wise and on the business side. I’ve actually sang in portuguese and english before, but to me its more about the song regardless original language that it’s written in.

My latest creative work is Million Dollar Man, I love the song, I’m excited that the release has given lots of joy to my fans and now we have a better connection, its truly a song worth listening to. I’m always looking to innovate with good songs and unique sounds and this next album is definitely more mature than my first solo album, in both songwriting and production. Most importantly, I am always looking to grow as an artist and reveal a side of myself that has not been seen before. Beyond amazing new production, I have some surprises waiting for my fans as they come to realize that, in many ways, I am no different than they are. I have been blessed in many ways, but I am also human and face many of the same challenges in my every day life. All human beings desire the same things in life. And most of the things people really desire got beyond the material things. That is how I can make that human connection.

Would you call yourself a heartthrob?

Absolutely! Didn’t you know? hahaha Seriously, I believe my creativity to be my best attribute. You cannot train to be a heartthrob. Fans either feel the chemistry or they don’t. I know a lot of artists are manufactured, but ultimately, I can only be who I am. I am a real person, believe it or not haha. I think my fans can sense that. If they ever caught me not focusing on them and the music, I think they’d let me hear about it.

FUENTE: Blog|ONErpm

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario