uckermannnews@gmail.com

domingo, 2 de enero de 2011

Q&A Session: Christopher Von Uckermann

by Stephanie DeLuca
12.07.2010

When one door closes, another opens. Singer Christopher Von Uckermann proved this statement to be true. After the two-time Latin Grammy nominated Mexican pop group RBD split in 2009, Uckermann’s career did not end there. Like the other members of RBD, the artist took this opportunity to pursue other interests. Uckermann’s main focus right now is his music. On November 16th, he released his first solo album, Somos, which skyrocketed to the number five spot on the United States iTunes charts and number four in Mexico. Even with his busy schedule, Uckermann took the time out from performing to share with nocheLatina about his life after RBD.

nocheLatina: Congratulations on your newfound success. How does it feel to have released your own album?

Christopher Von Uckermann: It feels really good. It took me a year and a half to write this album. I co-wrote songs and co-produced the whole album.

nocheLatina: Did you like recording by yourself or with the other former members of RBD?

Christopher Von Uckermann: I like recording by myself. These are my ideas and I had more input in the album. I had the chance to experiment with drums and my vocals.  I also explored different sounds. It’s just different than recording with RBD. 

nocheLatina: Which songs did you co-write on the album?

Christopher Von Uckermann: I co-wrote ten songs on the album. I worked with amazing producers, like George Noriega, who also worked with Ricky Martin and Shakira. Jodi Marr, who previously worked with Mika London, also collaborated on the album. Lots of great people were involved with this project.


nocheLatina: Where did you get your inspiration from?

Christopher Von Uckermann: I don’t know where I get my inspiration from. If I feel something I’ll write it down. I’m a visual person. I look at the world and the consciousness of what’s around me. I also read a lot of books. I just read Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle. It’s a spiritual guide for all human beings.

nocheLatina: Are you a very spiritual person?

Christopher Von Uckermann: I’m in the process of trying to be.

nocheLatina: What’s your favorite song from Somos and why?

Christopher Von Uckermann: My favorite song would have to be ‘Somos,’ which is about a new consciousness. I also like ‘Uno, Dos, Tres (1,2,3),’ which is about how humans live in the past and not in the future.

nocheLatina: When did you decide you were going to produce a solo album?

Christopher Von Uckermann: I always knew I wanted to make one.

nocheLatina: Do you plan on going on tour?

Christopher Von Uckermann: Next year for sure.

nocheLatina: Do you have the dates scheduled yet?

Christopher Von Uckermann: I’m not sure yet. But I do know it will definitely be sometime next year.


nocheLatina: There was controversy over stolen video equipment and tapes. How did that come about?

Christopher Von Uckermann: People were talking about it so I guess that’s good. It happened in San Francisco while filming the video for ‘Somos.’ We saved about 30 percent of film from that day. 

nocheLatina: Did you ever find out who stole the tapes or where it went?

Christopher Von Uckermann: I have no idea where it went.

nocheLatina: You’re currently on the show 'Kdabra.' How did you get started doing that?

Christopher Von Uckermann: There was a casting in Mexico City. I went there, auditioned, and got the part. They flew me out to Columbia for three months to film the show. I got to work with a lot of Mexican actors. They were the best teachers for me. It was the greatest experience. The show is on Fox in HD. I also got to write a song for the soundtrack with members of Kinky

nocheLatina: You’re in the process of filming the second season. Can you tell us what’s going to happen with your character?

Christopher Von Uckermann: I have no idea what’s going to happen. I haven’t read the script so I don’t know anything. Right now I’m just trying to promote my music

nocheLatina: Is there anything that you wanted to do that you haven’t done yet?

Christopher Von Uckermann: I would really like to write music for other people.

nocheLatina: Is there anything that you’re working on now?

Christopher Von Uckermann: I’m currently in the process of writing a drama for a movie. I don’t know what’s going to happen with that, but we’ll see. 

nocheLatina: Do you have anything else you would like to add?

Christopher Von Uckermann: The album is out so go check it out!

FUENTE: NocheLatina

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario